Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sometimes, less is more


!±8± Sometimes, less is more

This page shows all morning, made up of only 9 words, a graphic, a logo and a lot of white space, caught my attention.

Apparently Mr. Whipple is no longer with us. On the 12D page of USA Today (yes, I'm on the road and the morning paper that I found outside my door), add a good location, powerful.

The graphics are one of the Charmin bears, rolls of fabric in hand, dabbing her tears with her eyes with quilted toilet paper. Below the graphic, the text says: In memory of Dick Wilson. "Mr.Whipple, "1916-2007. Then of course the signature of" "by Charmin logo fonts.

I understand the importance of using your property effectively in advertising. I know it makes sense to say, say what you need to make the sale. At the same time, I can not discount as a form of emotional impact and can support a brand. More ... I found myself strangely remember Mr. Whipple and an emotional connection with the crying felt encouraged to continue. I'll probably hear "Do not Squeeze the Charmin"for the rest of my trip back to Idaho, today.

I've always wondered whether to copy out of town along with a copy shortly. Dan Kennedy direct response authorities and Bill Glazer have statistical evidence that it works. At the same time, short copy can pack a big hit, especially when copying of a short rope emotional.

During the full-page ad Charmin, sporting tons of white space, minimal words and images is not for sale may be, will this default. The advertising agency handling thisIncome is well aware of the feelings of nostalgia, "Mr. Whipple" brings with it. Create emotion the bear cartoon connects women to the product (after all, in most families of two people, women are the buyers TP). In addition, a farewell to an icon of tasteful advertising positions the company as a cure. These factors, coupled with the softness of Charmin sold anyway.

My point: Use short and long copy where appropriate. My training started in the traditional advertising agency "short copy" mentality.The study of teachers as a direct response to Kennedy and Glazer (copying long and tactical implementation) must be very profitable. For the most part, are masterfully blend of the two messages that create an intimate atmosphere and my support.

Do what works for you and your company.


Sometimes, less is more

Coupon For Wheat Thins For Sale Buying Tumi Nyc




No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。







Sponsor Links